One of our goals is to help cultivate future American leaders through our Washington D. C. Internship program. It is very important that these future leaders have a first hand understanding, knowledge and experience of how our democracy works and functions. There is no better place than Washington D.C. to achieve and gain that knowledge and experience. We believe that Muslim American students need to participate in this process by obtaining an internship in Washington D.C.
The Center for Global Understanding has partnered with The Washington Center (TWC) to administer our Washington DC internship for Muslim American students.
The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars is an educational nonprofit organization serving hundreds of colleges and universities in the U.S. and other countries by providing selected students challenging opportunities to work and learn in Washington, D.C. for academic credit. The largest such program, The Washington Center, founded in 1975 with a staff of 70 has over 35,000 alumni, many of whom are leaders
in numerous professions and nations around the world. Apply Now
It is the preeminent internship program in the nation's capital because it provides a unique combination of benefits:
- A structured, well-supported program for which interns receive academic credit from their undergraduate or graduate institutions.
- An extensive internship tailored to the interests of the intern, whatever his or her major.
- A wide selection of academic courses, lectures by national and international leaders, small group meetings with members of Congress, site visits, embassy visits, workshops and other activities.
- Financial assistance program to minimize the financial burden on the students.
- Housing in an apartment setting.
- Public Affairs Series where students will have a chance to hear and engage with distinguished speakers – including cabinet members, ambassadors, journalists, members of Congress, and others.
- Postgraduate Professional Development Program for graduate students.